Monday, March 23, 2009

The beginning of Spring

It's been awhile since my last post. I have been busy outside. Enjoying the first few days of Spring. Scott asked me to help him with his yards this week and I had so much fun!! The only time I was not liking it was when I went under a big magnolia limb and it came down and smacked me on my ear. I thought I busted my ear drum...that hurt!! All in all it was a great day with the hubby. We got to end that day with a date night. Love the date nights!! The kids all went somewhere and it was nice. On Saturday I opened all the windows and let the fresh air in. I love when I can do that. It gets so hot down here so I take full advantage of this when we have the right weather. We ended up outside of course. Grace went to hang with Lauren & Rebekah and Scott took the boys to Amite to make a track. On Sunday we all got up and went to assemble with the Church. It was so good to see all of them. It seems lately that so much has kept us apart. God really spoke instruction to us today. It was such a sweet time in the Lord. God chastens those whom He loves. A sister had a word on are you really a son or daughter of God. She spoke out of Romans 8. The fact that so many "Christians" have their minds set on the flesh and lust of it. They are walking in the flesh and not the Spirit. The Bible is clear. It is better to not say I am Christian and live like the world then to say I am Christian and there is no difference. We insult His holiness when we live like the world and call ourselves Christian. Let me stop you now...I know your mind is saying "Don't judge me!!"...well let me tell you it isn't me judging you...it is the Word of God. My opinion stinks and means nothing....His Word is living and will judge us to see if we are really in the faith. If not, man be honest....don't be religious. There is nothing but death in religion....in humility and honesty there is hope. Oh and I judge myself daily to see if I am in the faith....He tells us too. We better....we are subject to the vanities of life each and every day, not to mention worldliness. If we don't judge ourselves against the Word then we are unteachable and rebellious. Independence is what gets us in trouble....we need Him. The day we think we got this is the day we become lukewarm and complacent. Back to Romans 8...it says those that are in the flesh cannot please God. It say's if we REALLY have Christ in us then we will walk in the Spirit. It says too that if we don't have the Spirit we don't belong to Christ. It goes on to say if we are led of the Spirit we are His sons/daughters. So....litmus test....if you are not led of His Spirit then I would evaluate your life "as a Christian" and judge it according to Scripture. If you are His, then do something about it....REPENT!! Humble yourself....He will draw near to you if you are humble and repent...but if you rise up in pride He will resist you. So don't be so quick to say....yeah I love Jesus....yeah I am a Christian. If you have the assurance from God in HEAVEN then you have the confidence in knowing you are His, but if you aren't sure then press in until you are. Don't take the word of man....get it from God. Now, don't misunderstand me...I am not rebelling against authority because God does place people in your life to help govern and bring order, but no one should tell you you are right with God. Saying a prayer doesn't make your right with God......it is a start, but you have to press in and get it from Heaven. When that gavel is hammered down the The Judge of all the earth say's not guilty......THEN you can have the assurance that you are in right standying with God. From that point you must learn from His Spirit and allow Him to guide your every step....if you fall, get back up and repent(change the way you think and never do it again), learn from that lesson, and go on. Let me interject here and talk about repentance....so many people think that is saying your sorry and never changing and then when you are convicted you say I'm sorry again. That is NOT repentance. Repentance is the change the way you think, never doing that again. Now will satan try to tempt you or cause a thought to pop up...yes, but if you've repented then you cast that down and call on the blood. If you've truly repented. If you have a nudge from the HOLY Spirit and it is specific to that particular sin, then you better look at that and see you didn't really repent. See the Holy Spirit will be specific....satan's condemnation is general. Although the Scripture says "MY sheep will KNOW My voice". Man I could go on and on.....I am sure about now you want me to shut up. Either you are mad as ever or convicted to the core. Either way I say all this in love. I have been there....I have had to deal with all this. I am speaking from experience. God is good though and His mercies are new every morning. If you allow Him to shine light on every area He is faithful to do it. Doesn't feel good, but I would much rather be judged here on earth than to face Him on the Great White Throne of Judgment.......makes me quiver to think about. Well.....I have just downloaded a ton...I hope it speaks to you as it has to me. Until next time.

No comments: