Friday, June 26, 2009

Feeling Old!!


Well my first born turned 17 yesterday. Today I feel very old. :) I am also thankful for the mercies God has had in my life. To be a young mother, unwed, in sin and to have a son turn out the way Peyton has I am forever thankful. Now, this road has been bumpy and had a few hairpin turns as well, but through it all God has been there and we've learned so much. He is now a young man so close to adulthood. We aren't done yet as parents and continue to guide him and impart in him the words of the Lord. I pray they go deep so when he is out on his own it will speak when needed and he will respond in obedience. He knows how much we love him and what we've gone through to walk with the Lord. He knows the times we've fallen, but got back up because Christ is WORTH IT! He see's the realities and yet Christ is put in the center of them all. His boundaries are secure and set in place from times of personal death to self, humility when wrong and a life set apart for Christ. I know that the Lord will do what His Word say's and when Peyton is old he won't depart from Him. I know that Christ will call him, just as He called us. God is Faithful!! So Happy Birthday my sweet son. I am not sad, but so very happy for what is ahead for you. If you will just be obedient to HIS WILL for your life. We love you sooooo much!

No comments: